Sunday, February 5, 2012

Broken or Crushed?

In Matthew 21, Jesus references Psalm 118. He tells the Pharisees that he is the capstone, and that they are the ones who are rejecting it. Then he says this.
"He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed.”
 Without lots of pomp and circumstance, without super theological discussion, without digging into the original language, I see humanity's choice in this verse. We can choose to fall on Jesus and be broken, humbled and ultimately restored into right relationship with God, or we can refuse, remain in our pride, try to do it our own way and be crushed by the very one who offers us salvation.

Jesus, I choose to fall on you, to allow you to break me, allow you to mold me, allow you to restore me.

1 comment: