Friday, February 3, 2012

What kind of soil are you?

If you have ears, hear:

“What do you make of this? A farmer planted seed. As he scattered the seed, some of it fell on the road, and birds ate it. Some fell in the gravel; it sprouted quickly but didn’t put down roots, so when the sun came up it withered just as quickly. Some fell in the weeds; as it came up, it was strangled by the weeds. Some fell on good earth, and produced a harvest beyond his wildest dreams.”
Matthew13:3-8 (Message)

Although I have read this many times, I am always challenged by the soil my heart is made of. The soil we prepare for the Lord in our hearts is a daily preparation. I don’t think much else needs to be said here.

~

“Jesus Replied, ‘you too? Are you being willfully stupid?”
Matthew 15:16 (Message)

I encourage you to give this bit of a verse some context in your own reading! I just thought it was perfect because God probably says it like this to me!

Joel: “uh…what?”
God: “Are you being willfully stupid?”
Joel: “uh…what?”

I find that I make up excuses for not hearing God clearly when what he is saying challenges me or takes me outside my comfort zone. When God speaks, He is very clear. We only need to concern ourselves with having the relationship to listen and the heart to not just follow but RUN!

~

“You are Peter, a rock. This is the rock on which I will put together my church, a church so expansive with energy that not even the gates of hell will be able to keep it out!”
Matthew 16:18 (Message)

Oh to have the faith of Peter! From walking on water to boldly proclaiming that Jesus is the Messiah, the Christ, the Son of the Living God! I pray that God would give me Peter’s faith and boldness. I also pray that Restoration Church Pullman and every other church working as God’s body would fit the description above!

~

There is so much more in Matthew chapters 13-17! I challenge you to go read them NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment