Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspired at every turn...


Matthew continues to blow my mind chapter after chapter! I chose to write a little less tonight and really focus on a few things that hit me hard. Before that, I have to again say that I am encouraged and baffled by the unending faith of the multiple individuals in these chapters. I read a blog post of some friends of ours today and their journey and the faith with which they have pressed forward mirrors the men and women found in Matthew! I am inspired by the real life example I have of radical faith! Thank you Jason & Kameron for allowing the Lord to use you. Your story will continue long after you done writing it.

~

“Healthy people don’t need a doctor, sick people do!”
Matthew 9:12 (NLT)

I was really blessed by the verse for many reasons. Our journey on earth should very much mirror Jesus’s time on this earth. Healthy people don’t need a doctor…translation Christians don’t need to here about Christ! Sick people do, or unchurched, unsaved people do! I am blessed at the opportunity God has provided Mandy and I to be a part of a ministry that is missionary focused in our community. A ministry that is ready and willing to get out of traditional comfort zones and meet the community in a variety of real ways. In those meetings I do not believe that time invested will be fruitless. God, send us all into our communities and beyond to fill the needs of your people. And…check out www.restorationchurchpullman.com

~

“If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.” Matthew 10:39 (NLT)

I have read this verse – I don’t know, probably 47 times. All 47 times I thought, one day I will give my life for Jesus. Thinking, one day I will die for Jesus. Fully believing one day I would get the chance to be a martyr. Sweet right! Tonight when I read it, I actually had ears to hear! Success! Giving your life means every living day! Nothing else matters. Love Jesus, Love people and then Love Jesus. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdbPynNI9Xo

1 comment:

  1. So true I really love that verse and this morning I have chosen to make it our family verse to memorize and talk about tonight Thankyou for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete