Saturday, February 4, 2012

Eternal Words, The Rich & The Call


“Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I’ll be there.”
Matthew 18:18-20 (Message)

It is so easy to assume that God can only here us when we are praying. It is rather sobering to think of our words echoing in eternity. I think about how my words echo in the hearts of my children. I know I am rather cavalier so often with my words and I am convicted to be more intentional with every sound that leaves my lips.


I am also encouraged by this verse because it reminds me that God is ready and waiting for US! When we come together in His name, He is already there. To this point, when we gather in His name, nothing is impossible. Planting a church, teaching in the Philippines or any other any other task that the Lord might lay in your path. Yes, I’m talking fairly specifically about myself but this truth transcends my personal situation and remains true to anyone who gathers in His name and prays earnestly.

~

“It’s easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 19:24 (Joel’s Paraphrase)

I’m sure many of you have read this verse before, just as I have. I now challenge you to read this verse with the knowledge that over 50% of the world lives on less than $2 a day. In my humble opinion, this verse is directed at anyone who lives in the United States of America. I have never met anyone who lives on less than $2 a day in this country! Now knowing that you are rich comparably read the verse again and let God challenge you! Really, read it right now! This verse has changed the way I think about life. I can no longer justify buying the clothes I would like, taking the vacations I dream of, or sometimes even just eating out. Don’t get me wrong. God allowed us to be born in this great country and we do not need to feel guilty in any way, shape or form. However, I do believe that God has called each one of us to use the blessings He has given us for His glory and to advance His kingdom.

~

“And not only you, but anyone who sacrifices home, family, fields – whatever – because of me will get it all back a hundred times over, not to mention the considerable bonus of eternal life.”
Matthew 19:29ish (Message)

This verse is encouraging to me. Take it for what it’s worth. It is sometimes hard to think about prioritizing anything over family, but God is worth it. How wonderful to know that you used this life for His glory above all else!



Have a great week reading! I hope that you are being challenged, as I am daily by the word. I look forward to hearing how this time has changed lives upon completion! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment